Hello! I was very excited to be invited by Maureen Hutchison, to be featured as the Guest Blogger of the Month on The Getaway Bride blog. I hope to provide you with insightful information about my business, and assist you with planning for your next event.
What is MaraBell?
MaraBell is a full service event planning company, whose goal is to create seamless memorable event experiences for each client and their guests. MaraBell provides services for any type of event ranging from weddings, to hosting a dinner party, and can offer as much or as little assistance for your special event as you desire. For weddings, we provide customized packages to meet your needs and budget, including the Wedding Day Package (day of coordination), Wedding Month Package (5 weeks prior to wedding planning and coordination), and the Wedding Management Package (full service planning and coordination from engagement to reception).
Also, we offer customized gift baskets and delivery, arbor and money box rentals, and have recently launched “Say it With Seeds” eco-friendly plantable seed paper products. Our seed paper products are hand made with recycled paper, embedded with wild flower seeds, and once planted, grow and bloom into wild flowers creating a lasting memory for the receiver. We create customized wedding invitations, save the date cards, thank you cards, confetti, and more.
Who is MaraBell?
MaraBell is owned and managed proudly by myself, Tami Campbell. For the last five years, I have worked in the hotel and special events industry. From booking weddings & birthday parties, to detailing corporate conferences & meetings, to setting up floorplans and working with caterers and other event professionals, I have worked and developed skills in all areas of special events. Last spring, I was proud to graduate with honors from Humber College for Special Event Management. Along the way, I achieved my Professional Wedding Planner designation and floral design completion. I have a dedicated team of professionals who assist me, and together we strive to achieve the best in personalized customer service and create over the top event experiences. MaraBell is located in Orangeville, and proudly serves the surrounding area of Dufferin, Peel, Halton and the GTA.
How can MaraBell assist with a destination wedding?
We can assist in many ways! We can help with planning the pre-wedding parties; engagement party, bridal showers, Jack ‘n’Jill, bachelor/bachelorette parties, and the welcome home celebration.
Many couples, who get married abroad, will have a celebration once they return home. One of my favorite weddings I planned, was an “at home” reception for a couple who wed in Jamaica. Only a handful of family and friends were able to attend their wedding in the Caribbean, so they decided to re-create Jamaica to celebrate once they returned. Together we planned the reception to take place two months after the wedding and created a theme using tropical décor (live palm trees, birds of paradise, sand and shells, etc), created a Caribbean menu with the Chef, and brought in a steel drum band. It was an “irie” celebration!
We can also assist with a destination wedding by providing “Say it with Seeds” eco-friendly plantable Save the Date cards. Once planted by your guests, they bloom into wild flowers creating wonderful memories.
Why hire an event/wedding planner?
I have listed 10 top reasons to hire a planner:
- Saves time – the average couple spends well over 200 hours planning their wedding.
- Saves money – wedding planners have established rapport with other industry professionals and can negotiate contracts and pricing on your behalf. Also, with their expertise, they can save you costly mistakes and provide money saving tips.
- Saves relationships – planning a wedding/special event can cause stress and lead to arguments for couples and families. Having a wedding planner can eliminate problems and act as a buffer when there are conflicts. Wedding planners are also able to take on roles often assigned to family, therefore allowing family to enjoy the wedding.
- Ensures dreams are made realities – event planners work for the couple and ensure their wedding is what the couple envisions, to make their dreams come true.
- Offers advice – with the countless weddings and events that planners have experienced, wedding planners know exactly what works and what doesn’t. Rely on a planner for expert advice.
- Acts as the “go to person” – The average wedding has at least over 10 different vendors/suppliers. Combine that with the entire wedding party and guests, and that is a lot of people that need direction. By hiring a wedding planner, couples can simply tell others to “talk to the wedding planner”.
- Creates schedules – The wedding planner will keep appointments for the bridal couple, as well as establish a wedding timeline outlining important dates and to do’s before the wedding. For the day of the wedding, the planner will create an agenda for all involved, including the vendors to follow making sure that everything happens on time.
- Handles crisis and emergencies – Even the most organized event can have a mishap. A good wedding planner will be able to deal with anything that comes up – like the bakery not delivering the cake on time or the flower girl throwing a tantrum! Wedding planners know how to handle all unforeseen circumstances.
- Coordi nates and oversees from start to finish – On your day, you and your family do not want to be responsible for ensuring the décor is set up, the bridal party is ready and on time, or that the band is set up in the right banquet room. Wedding planners orchestrate from start to finish, ensuring everything goes off without a hitch.
- Minimizes stress and maximizes fun – Hiring an event manager/wedding planner ensures that you will have a worry-free and stress-free event, allowing the bridal couple, family and friends to enjoy!